NASCAR UNITES 2012 SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning January 27, 2012 through October 31, 2012, enter the Sweepstakes by navigating the internet to: NASCAR.COM/Unites and following the entry instructions. You may also enter the promotion by hand writing on a 3" x 5" index card your name, address, age and daytime/evening phone numbers and mail in an envelope with sufficient postage affixed to: The NASCAR Foundation, P.O. Box 8022, Westport, CT 06888. Entries will be disqualified if they contain any inappropriate material or language, including profanity. Promotion begins 12:00:01 a.m. ET January 27, 2012, and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET October 31, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). All electronic entries must be received by 11:59:00 p.m., October 31, 2012, when promotion ends. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by October 31, 2012 and received by November 7, 2012.
Limit one entry per transaction and one mail-in entry per outer stamped envelope. The NASCAR Foundation (the "Sponsor") is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged, postage due or mutilated mail. No mechanically reproduced, altered, forged, or facsimile entries will be accepted. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the account is registered, provided that person meets all eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States including the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence. The NASCAR Foundation, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and other agencies, each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, agents, members, personnel and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. Void in Puerto Rico or where prohibited.
3. RANDOM DRAWING: Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about November 9, 2012 from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined by Sponsor or its designee, the judges in this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding. Winner will be notified by phone and/or mail at Sponsor's discretion.
4. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)/ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize – A three (3) day/two (2) night trip for two (2) to NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion's Week™ November 29 – December 1, 2012 including the following elements: Round-trip air transportation for two (2) between a major metropolitan airport closest to the winner's residence and destination city's airport; round-trip ground transportation between airport and hotel, hotel accommodations for two (2) nights (one (1) standard room, double occupancy) and two (2) passes to sponsor-selected NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion's Week™ events (ARV: $2,500.00). Accommodations and air transportation are SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. No sale, transfer or substitution of prize elements will be permitted. Prize does not include taxes, tips, gratuity, meals, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Trip must be completed to coincide with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion's Week™ (November 29-December 1, 2012 – or prize will be forfeited). If for any reason any NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion's Week™ Events are cancelled, the remaining trip portion of the prize will be awarded as the prize. Odds of winning depend on total number of entries received from all methods combined. Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the prize.
5. GENERAL: Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release within five (5) days after first notification attempt. Guest of Grand Prize winner (if under 18 years of age, their parent/legal guardian) must sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to travel. If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. The Released Parties will not have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize-related activities. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its affiliates and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, members, agents, personnel and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of the prize or any other participation in this Sweepstakes. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize.
Acceptance of the prize shall be construed as and signify the winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner's name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects. The Released Parties are not responsible for incorrect data, along with any and all electronic, network, computer or other technical malfunctions that may occur upon collection, processing and transmission neither of data nor for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, or modify the entry method of the Sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted and select the winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the point of the Sponsor's action. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing, offering or announcement of the prize.
6. For name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by December 30, 2012 to: NASCAR Unites 2011 Sweepstakes – Winner's List, P.O. Box 8033, Westport, CT 06888. Winner's List to be available after November 30, 2012.
7. SPONSOR: The NASCAR Foundation, 550 South Caldwell Street, Suite 2000, Charlotte, NC 28202.
8. PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR: The Concept Studio, LLC, P.O. Box 8033, Westport, CT 06888.